How Can Geofencing In Rochester Integrate With A Security System?
The latest home security solutions have become increasingly more intelligent. Even so, it doesn't take much to fail to do basic security tasks like activating your home security, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these chores again? With geofencing in Rochester, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Rochester For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary a set distance from your residence, which you are able to customize within your smartphone app. This modern home security option then uses your cell phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart devices take advantage of to communicate with one another. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by putting all elements onto a single network. You are then able to institute specific boundaries on all sides of your home and program the specific actions you want to occur if you move beyond the boundary.
For instance, when you exit your driveway, you may set your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to inform your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
Here are some of the devices you can manage with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics including speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home’s security system in Rochester. With the security app, you are able to do a lot with smart home automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart alarms and cameras to activate at a specific time. Direct various lights to dim to tell you that it's time for bed, or deactivate your security alarms as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make specific devices engage in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to activate the connected fan if the fire alarm goes off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting when your surveillance system detects unusual motion outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Create custom room scenes with components that operate in concert with each other. Have your smart bulbs turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with preset light and temperature adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to arm the security system if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Rochester
Whether you desire additional peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (585) 310-4555 or complete the following form to start designing your ideal security system.